Wednesday 27 July 2011

The story so far...

I've never bothered with a blog  before because, quite frankly, I didn't think that anyone would be interested in what I have to say. However, having recently have found several blogs from fellow Slimmers very supportive and useful to my efforts to survive on this diet (I say 'survive' but it's really not been that difficult!) I have decided to contribute to the junk currently cluttering up the bloggersphere. 

Clichéd though it is, everything said about 'Happy Weight Gain' is true, see 4 reasons You Gain Weight When You Meet Your Mate or any one of about a gazillion other articles on the subject. OK, so I was only a stone and a half overweight for my height but it still took me 4 years of 'outgrowing' clothes to twig. After going through denial ("I'm not fat!"), defensiveness ("So what if I'm a little overweight?") and despondency ("Oh god, I'm fat and ugly"), I eventually realised that I was spending so much time finding excuses for myself and being miserable about it that I might as well just go on a damn diet!

Several other factors contributed to my decision but I won't bore you with them. What follows will probably be mostly recipes and rants sporadically posted.

Next time... Diet Coke Chicken!

[End of first blog post]

No comments:

Post a Comment